Fresh starts are AWESOME! Last night, we had the amazing opportunity to pray with over 25 students who invited Christ to come into their lives as Lord and Savior! BOOM! I love these moments! But, if we’re not careful we begin to think (and act) like accepting Christ is the finish line rather than the starting line! It’s a beginning! And, now the race becomes exciting!
We’re into our 2nd month of 2016 and maybe some of us have already dropped the ball on some New Year’s resolutions or goals. SO WHAT?! Refuse to quit or feel sorry for yourself. Get up and get going fresh & new TODAY… RIGHT NOW! IF you’re still breathing, than the race isn’t over — RUN!
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Philippians 3:12-14
The best way to forget about what’s behind is to pursue what’s ahead!
I want to help you (and me) enjoy the Christian Life WAY MORE than I ever have before!
So here’s 5 Simple challenges:
1] Surrender More
- Talk to God (prayer) every single day and throughout the day. Make Him Savior.
- Allow God to lead every aspect of your life. Make Him Lord.
- “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.” Luke 9:23
- “Instant Golgotha’s” – whenever/wherever needed.
2] Study More
- Get a study Bible and journal, pens, highlighter & system.
- Join a YouVersion reading plan (or several) — it’s fun to do one with others!
- IF you want to try digital, Day One (mac) is an awesome online journal (syncs with iPhone, iPad & Mac). It’s what I use!
3] Share more
- Get a handle on your finances — starts with tithing.
- Be deliberate & aggressive about eliminating debt.
- Don’t be generous when you can afford it, be generous because you can’t afford not to be!
- Jesus said, Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” Luke 6:38
- You do not give to get. You give to God because you love the Lord.
- Generosity of our funds is an indication of our heart.
- Give above & beyond tithing. I love to support MISSIONS!
4] Serve more
- Move from the stands or the sidelines & get IN the game!
- Discover ministry that makes you come alive & DO IT!
- Be more than a Sunday Christian!
- In Lansing area? Get involved in Mount Hope Church and IF you’re a student, be part of //Spyn!
- Make serving a habit & a lifestyle.
5] Smile more
- Your joy is the BEST witness you have!
- Talk about GOOD NEWS
- Focus: Jesus – Others – You
- Accept that you’re not perfect & will mess up; yet God still loves you! BIG SMILE!
Ok, what did I miss? Feel free to add another “_______________ more” in the comments and/or comment on any of mine!
Let’s RUN together!