I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself. 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
This month (and remaining summer) is going to be CRAZY exciting! We have three different teams doing ministry at Courage Church (Detroit) PLUS we’re hosting our amazing week of outreach & discipleship: 4Days! With so much going on, I’m going to need to be at the top of my game to host, lead, serve, speak and love! So, I’m making some deliberate choices this month for focus, faith and fitness.
I’m looking for a few others to join me. So, I’ve retooled my “Real Life Plan”…
3D: Diet – Devotion – Discipline
- Eat Less …too simple? Here’s more:
- Drink at least 60 ounces of water each day. Carry a water bottle (here’s mine: H2O)
- Eat from all 5 food groups daily (fruit, veggies, grains, meats, dairy)
- Eat until you’re full NOT until your plate is empty. Don’t apologize for not finishing
- Begin each meal by drinking a whole glass of water (will help fill you up)
- When eating out, always try to split meal or ask for half order or à la carte.
- Attempt to eat biggest meal at noon.
- I’m also trying to eliminate or reduce red meat & high carb stuff (pastas, rice, etc)
- Eat less more often – example 5 smaller snacks better than 2-3 big meals
- Between meals, try nuts, bananas, carrots, celery, etc
- Desserts are ok, once a week – or one small piece of dark chocolate per day.
A few NO’s:
- NO deep fried food (things pan fried may be ok on rare occasions)
- NO junk food – candy, chips, sugar beverages, etc.
- NO added sugar – use a little stevia or just go without it…
- NO meals or desserts from 7pm – breakfast. (fruit, veggies are ok. keep drinking h2o)
- NO whining about how hungry you are! When you grumble, drop & do 10 pushups!
- Daily times in Prayer, Word and Witness – grow this!
- Live transparent. Be accountable with at least one other person (who will call you out).
- Keep a daily journal – write your history!
- Service beyond expectations or job requirements, try to do something daily that you cannot be thanked for.
- Live by the daily motto: Today is NOT about me!
- Be generous! Faithful in tithes, offerings & projects – go beyond what’s comfortable & affordable.
- Love people… a lot. Let your joy pave the way… serve family, neighbors, strangers – ANYONE!
- Exercise daily for at least 20-30 minutes. (Get your heart pumping)
- Can be anything, set aside as deliberate exercise: walking, running, sit-ups, treadmill, pushups, arobics, soccer, wii fit, whatever… take stairs whenever possible.
- What seems so hard now will one day be your warm up.
- Get at least 6 hours of sleep – all at once is best – but at least 6 total. Try to use “sleep cycles”: 90 minutes guideline – example – 4.5, 6, 7.5 hours (yes 7.5 is better than 8!)
- Find cheaper entertainment: walks > movies, cafe > restaurant, serving > shopping
- In addition to daily Bible, read at least 1 book per month.
- Limit ALL social media (twitter, instagram, facebook, snapchat) post & then get off! Less selfies!
- Begin & end every day praising God! Seriously, it will bring joy to everyone! Smile!
The above 3Ds are only a guidelines — personalize this to your life & goals.
Ok, so who’s with me? When you post stuff use hashtag: #Be3D