I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Philippians 3:12-14
The best way to forget about what’s behind is to pursue what’s ahead!
1] Surrender More
- Pray & confess every day; throughout the day. make Him Savior.
- Allow God to lead every aspect of your life. make Him Lord.
- “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.” Luke 9:23
- “Instant Golgotha’s” – whenever/wherever needed.
2] Study More
- Our new Bible / devotional challenge via YouVersion
- Discipleship Journal’s 5x5x5 Reading Plan – start TOMORROW!
- Get a study Bible and journal, pens, highlighter & system.
- IF you want to try digital, Day One (mac) is awesome online journal.
3] Share more
- Get a handle on your finances — starts with tithing.
- Be deliberate & aggressive about eliminating debt.
- IF you’re part of Courage Church, give here: SUPPORT
- Don’t be generous when you can afford it, be generous because you can’t afford not to be!
- Jesus said, Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” Luke 6:38
- You do not give to get. You give to God because you love the Lord.
- Generosity of our funds is an indication of our heart.
4] Serve more
- Move from the stands or the sidelines & get IN the game!
- Discover ministry that makes you come alive & DO IT!
- Be more than a Sunday Christian!
- In Detroit area? Come to Equip and “Get Rooted” – be known for faithfulness.
- Make serving a habit.
5] Smile more
- Your joy is the BEST witness you have.
- Talk about GOOD NEWS
- Focus: Jesus – Others – You
- Accept that you’re not perfect & will mess up; yet God still loves you! BIG SMILE!
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.