For God so loved the world
that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life.
Yep, most of us have known this little verse FOREVER, but do we live it? Within’ these simple words are such powerful truths… not only that, they contain the character and nature of God. This is pretty sobering for me — the more I really study it word by word by word — the more I realize how UNLIKE God I really am… gulp.
I have made it my mission to IMPROVE in the God-Qualities found within’ this profound verse…
Here’s 5 things that MUST increase in and through me (maybe you too):
1. Amazing Love … for God so loved the world
2. Unlimited Generosity … that He gave His one & only son
3. Total Acceptance … whosoever believes in Him
4. Complete Forgiveness … shall not perish
5. Eternal Perspective … have eternal life.
Can you imagine IF you lived daily with these five characteristics flourishing in and through you? I really want to see this grow more & more in me!
A few questions (number 1-4 in the comments):
- How long have you known this verse?
- How often do you think about it’s meaning?
- Which one (of my list of 5) needs the most improvement?
- Why do we take verses, like this, for granted?
Please share this blog post with a few friends (use social media buttons below) and let’s ALL bring John 3:16 to LIFE in us! EXCITING, right?!