Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge. 2 I said to the LORD, “You are my Master! All the good things I have are from You.” 3 The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them! Psalm 16
So many times we try to get an instant insurance policy from God when we are in a self-made mess. Come HERE we cry out! But friends, IF you want unshakable safety, come to God for refuge. Yes, learn to come to Him rather than insist on Him coming to you. And what happens when you come to Him??
Boom! Like a brick to the cranium, you are again reminded “All”, yes ALL, “good things I have are from You!”
What’s the key to this discovery? Acknowledging: God, “You are my Master!”
Now, as you come to God and declare Him as your master, you will discover amazing earthly heroes who resemble your King of Kings! In a insecure world desperate for “role models” – we must raise up in Godliness – showing the way to truth. We must also fight to link arms with those warriors “ahead of us” that are leading a revolution of holiness with passion and purpose! YES, HEROES! Ask yourself a few questions…
– Who are the “godly people in the land” that are your “true heroes”?
– Do they measure up to the eternal standards set by God? now, think about …
– How have they blessed you? and, more importantly…
– How have YOU blessed them recently?
… Yes, you’re very perceptive, homework comes with this study!!
Over the next fews days, take these first three verses and make them practical!
- First, GO to God & make Him your refuge… take your time & be thorough.
- Second, Thank Him for ALL the great blessings He has given you (write them down). And then,
- Third, Contact at least one of your heroes in the faith (via phone, personal contact or email) and thank them for the influence & impact they have made in your life – be specific (and, if you can afford it, give them something unique). Feel free to give some love to them right here in the comments too! Enjoy!
Living in the Land of Heroes!