So, here’s some random stuff about me – in no particular order … for the most part, this is an absolutely pointless, random blog – so many things that you simply DON’T want or need to know. Enjoy (or not)… it’s entirely up to you!
- I love seafood and hate cinnamon.
- I try to run and eat right every day (don’t laugh).
- I’ve jumped off 80′ cliffs but never parachuted from an airplane or bungeed off a bridge.
- I’ve been to 49 states – still waiting on Alaska – hmm, you know, I’m not sure IF I’ve been to Oregon – I think I was… so, maybe 48!
- Three MUSTS for my vacation: Sun, Surf and Sand. LOVE the beach & ocean!
- I’ve almost died a few times – high fever as child – killer bee sting as adult.
- I was healed of deafness at age 5.
- I started for my college baseball & golf teams (now I hate golf)…
- I love single-origin coffee, sourced through artisan roasters, precision brewed via multiple methods (pour-overs, cold press, chemex, etc). And, I’ll still drink Starbucks too!
- I’ve shared Christ’s love with people on 4 continents… perhaps more someday.
- When I was in Bible College, I was told by a faculty member that I should quit because: “I wasn’t ministry material”…
- I’m an Apple guy (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, etc) – never going back to PC.
- I get up each morning BEFORE my wife and AFTER my wife… confused?!
- The states that I have lived in are: Ohio, California, Tennessee, Iowa, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Michigan.
- When I was a junior in high school I weighed 105 lbs and was only 5’4″ tall. Then I grew 8″ and put on 60 pounds over the summer before my senior year.
- Last year I read almost 60 books (plus Bible) … I have lots of eBooks but still love to hold the ‘old school’ paper page books!
- I hate reading.
- I have over 500 people listen to my podcast each week – I can’t stand to listen to myself for more than 5 minutes – how do the rest of you take it?! Seriously!!
- I have only worn a neck tie (aka: noose) 8-10 times since May 2002… weddings…
- I buy just about anything/everything on eBay, Amazon or other internet sites – I rarely shop in stores and when I do, it’s an outlet.
- A passage that I’m loving right now is, “The whole point of what we’re urging is simply love—love uncontaminated by self-interest and counterfeit faith, a life open to God. Those who fail to keep to this point soon wander off into cul-de-sacs of gossip. They set themselves up as experts on religious issues, but haven’t the remotest idea of what they’re holding forth with such imposing eloquence” 1 Timothy 1:5-7 msg.
- I journal a lot … I think it’s essential to my sanity.
- I lived and served in Detroit for ALMOST 11 years — that’s longer than I’ve lived anywhere my entire life! I now live in Lansing, Michigan…
- I’M IN LOVE: Jesus, Netta, my kids, my family/friends, my church and my city! I will FIGHT for any of them!!
- You’re cool.
Well, that’s it! I’m done. Comment about any of these items
or none of them… not sure why I even did the list… I’m on vacation!