Why do Christian fight with each other? Honestly, I really don’t get it. We’ll find fault, gossip and argue about the dumbest things! And, if we can just find one person to agree with us, than we MUST be right… IT STINKS! Some of the things that have become big-ticket argument topics are:
- Theology. Calvinism vs. Arminianism or some version.
- Lifestyle. Too holy vs. Not holy enough.
- Worship. rock band vs. pipe organ … intelligent lights vs. candles.
- Politics. abortion vs. social justice… or pick 2 topics!
- Building. new church vs. old church vs. house church.
- Leadership. Pastors/Deacons/Elders vs. Directors/Team/Volunteers
And the sad part is that these arguments, and MANY more (I’m being vague & nice), do not produce any GOOD lasting results – like lives accepting Christ as Savior & Lord. Instead they produce splits, fights, hurt, apathy, mistrust and pain.
We’re good at finding things to disagree about but fail in finding common ground. Christianity is not doctrine, theology, buildings and church services. Christianity is Christ. He died on the cross and rose from the dead. He is Lord. HE IS EVERYTHING.
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 2 Timothy 2:23-24
Over the last few weeks, Courage Church has been able to bless several area churches with supplies, instruments and equipment. And, at the same time, we have been blessed by other churches with lighting, sound equipment, a vehicle and gifts for needy children! It’s a BLESSING TO BLESS and it’s SO WONDERFUL to receive BLESSINGS! This is how believers should live both personally and corporately.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THIS!
- Why do we get sucked into discussions, debates & arguments?
- What do these distractions keep ‘the church’ from doing and/or becoming?
- What do you think ‘the world’ thinks when they see us behave like this?
- Do you have any unforgiveness or bitterness that’s holding you back?
- Without writing a book, what’s the solution?
Disclaimer: I am FAR from perfect. I have messed up – hurt & been hurt – and felt pretty crappy! I’m truly striving to help our church community to see the bigger picture, live humbly, forgive completely and love without counting the cost – to give up our quest for uniqueness & individualism and become One in Christ. It’s a work in progress…
Honored to serve,